March 4, 2011

it is just a coincidence.

Boy saying "Will you marry me?"
Beckie saying, "hahahahaha HELL NO. BYE." and running away.

I came into work the other day and found this on my desk.  
Did I mention that my nickname is Shrew?? Oh and not just at work.  But I have been dubbed "the shrew" by several different people, all in different social circles and without my mentioning it. Just some huge coincidence that they all think of me as William Shakespeare's belligerently single and fierce Katherine.
 Oh, and in case you were not aware- this is what a shrew looks like:

Someone even texted me one day and said,
" hey...guess what book i found? Taming of the Shrew."
I replied, "Buy it."
He replied, "nah... i will just follow your life. It's the same thing."
And so now I would just like to say that I am not an untameable shrew.  I am not a shrew at all.  But the reason that I bring this up...the other day I met an old man.  We had a nice parlay and he made me laugh. Like most older gentleman are, he was friendly and complimentary.  But when he asked why I was there without my husband, I informed him that I did not have one.  And he replied, 

"I can't believe that! You must be quite the shrewish one.  Your Pertruchio will come and fix that."

Do I smell like a rodent and no one is telling me?!

2 comments:

Sarah Moeck said...

One, I think the shrew is VERY cute. And two, katherine is the best part of that whole play. And she gets to retain a lot of her independence in the end which is the best part. Don't be hurt- its not a bad thing to be a shrew :)

Hillary said...

wow sister. that is a funny series of events.