December 22, 2010

bloggy blog.

So it has been a little minute since I have shared anything with the blogging world. You know that point when so much time has passed that even a simple task seems like a completely overwhelming undertaking (love how those two words can work together)? 
(Eg: when I have not written in my journal for a time, I feel like there is so much to write that I should just abandon ship all together... or another example....there is a guy that I have ran next to at the gym for over two years. We exchange hellos everyday and small talk- but have I ever posed the basic quandary of what his name is??? nope. And now it just seems silly.)

Well here it goes:

Books: 
    it is raw and not for everyone. but i loved it.
  • Hunger Games Series. Good and bad.
  • The Glass Castle. Stellar.
  • Ron Paul's The Revolution.  Enlightening.
  • A couple church books, the entire Book of Mormon, the Cycling magazine that my friend has subscribed me to, a few hippie books (being a vegetarian midwife will take a lot of educating).
Men:
i am going to miss my joely so much. but no fear, he will be back in january (hooray for T and Lauren getting married!!) for a visit and then to Reno i go in feb. I only cry a little when I walk by his empty parking space.
  • I have the best guy friends in the world.
  • Am I getting married to any of them in particular?  That is still to be determined.
Dates have been fun.  Winter provides a lot of fun outdoor opportunities to get to know people.  Take a look at this sexy man...(he was only slightly excited about the resorts opening)
yep. that's blakey and he is adorable and keeping Sully alive while I am home for Christmas....at least he better be.


Family:
driving to CO.
baby aves sleepin like a doll. a squishy doll.
Nastia...truly enjoying that Wyoming scenery...

sleeping like a rock and dreaming of john mayer.

  • I am home! My family is spectacular. I have finally spent some time with the babies, my sisters and my fantastic parental units. We have a fun, busy, snowy week ahead of us. 
  • Plus, welcome our little Russian, Nastia!  Utah got the best of her and she has gone blonde... luckily you can always dye it back. But she is a gem.
  • Speaking of parents: They are going to FIJI for their mission in January!  Fijian Christmas 2011? Sure.
Um and tid bits:
  • My birthday was amazing. seriously one of the best ever. We literally sold out Pantruca's. Much to their delight of course. They are so good to me. The whole day was just fabulous. I received some stellar presents too. The best: my coloring books and my hour and a half long full body massage. bliss.
  • Thanksgiving with the Murphy's was more than I could ever ask for. Let's face it, I am a pseudo murphy and we all know it.
so...at both my christmas and birthay party the male to female ratio was about 6:1. Like I said...awesome guy friends. still lacking on the female end. But making progress!
White elephant was extremely successful.
  • Our christmas party was a total bash. Cops came and everything. seriously. it happened. 
bit of a flour explosion when baking 6 dozen sugar cookies for the party.
some of the party guests' artwork.
  • Basketball is in full swing, work is steady, school is out for another couple weeks, and I love it.
I am just so happy.

No comments: