February 11, 2010

what happens when...

What happens when you skip institute to watch a basketball game?

You decide to get a slurpee. The slurpee machine will be out of commission. But you will get another flavor.


Then you will be waiting behind a ginormous truck to leave the gas station.


He will then decide to reverse (?????) and not hear you honking and screaming.

He will hit your car.

You will exchange information, fight back tears, get a big tummy ache, learn some Spanish from the non English speaking truck man and leave.

You will become all too aware of how much you depend on and need your daddy and your mouth will hurt all night because the sound of the car crash reminds you of the first car crash you were ever in....
You will then witness the a most piss poor display of a game and the Jazz will suffer a devastating loss.

So...let's all go to institute.

And pay your tithing... because there will be hidden blessings in the trauma:

Sally's front end was broken anyway, now she gets a new one at no cost to her mama. And two nice boys will pull over to comfort you and take care of all the details for you. 

7 comments:

brooketolman said...

Oh sad! I better start going to Institute.

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, that sucks so bad!! Beckie, I can't believe how bad your car looks from your first car crash! I don't remember you talking about it much down at Snow. How scary. I'm so glad that you're ok from both accidents!:)

KJA said...

I don't think I'm even aloud to go to institute but I'm going anyway.

Ty Roney said...

I feel oddly responsible for every bad thing that happened to you yesterday. Just think....if I didn't exist....

beckie. said...

haha it's all about you isn't it Ty. well if you didn't exist, I would always be cold!

Mily said...

Sorry Beck! Yeah, that was a doozie of a car accident in the sunfire. Sorry Sally got hit! At least she gets a free facelift!

Olivia said...

whoa... true story and real photo?? i'm sorry :(