April 3, 2012

average.

braggy beckie moment.
 check out my score for my march madness bracket:
yes. out of 6,449,810 entries, i placed 7,651st. i have never done this well in a bracket challenge in my life and i have won in the past. i was pretty stinkin happy about this. i have always loved sports and especially basketball.  unfortunately with my schedule, i was not able to watch many of the games, i mainly had to keep up  via espn.com.  luckily...my work is pretty lenient with that sort of thing.
now on top of excelling in the national bracket challenge, lookie at what i made:
originally i purchased this:
it was a t-shirt from jcrew. i got it for $4 on ebay. but it was too big.  so i got another shirt at shade for $3.50 and then took the embellishments off of the jcrew shirt and sewed them onto the shade shirt to better fit me. and i was surprised by how well it turned out. plus for some reason i have had major insomnia sucking the life out of me, but i have to do something in those hours, and sewing (though anything but calming) seemed to distract me well enough.
so sometimes i kick butt in competitions, find awesome deals and sew like a crazy person.  not too bad... i am hoping that this racks up some points in the "well rounded character" category.



No comments: