March 12, 2012

.

this weekend i learned something wonderful.  i can use my paypal app on my iphone to deposit checks.
i absolutely hate going to the bank, post office, dmv, anything like that. there are always slow, old people working there and somehow i always get stuck in the longest line next to 1. the smelly person or 2. the woman who doesn't know how to control her children. but now, i never need to go to the bank! with debit cards, online banking, and now this, i am all set. i was so happy.  
this little gem got me thinking about all the modern day technology that i have available to me to accelerate almost anything.

1. microwave
2. hair dryer
3. phones (and all of their functions)
4. emails
5. cars and planes
6. outlook calendars
7. netflix
8. online shopping
9. washing machine/dryers
10. dishwashers
11. vacuums
etc.
so with all of these wonderful things right at my disposal, i can do pretty much anything at almost no cost to me for the convenience. so what i just cannot understand is how do i still feel like i never have enough time??  i don't have kids (well...jared may qualify sometimes), i don't have a rigorous schedule, i am not a relief society president and i don't have an addiction to soap operas. so is it because:

1. of my inability to prioritize
2. or my ongoing love affair with naps
3. there are more demands as a result of the technology
4. because people don't help each other anymore
sure there are long term goals and results that i will just have to be patient with. but i am talking about everyday little tasks, i still feel like i have so much to do. i love my lists and i love checking off things on my to do list. but you would just think that with all these things to help me accomplish each task perfectly and so much more quickly, i would have all the free time in the world!

maybe it is because i just spent a good 15 minutes writing this blog post when i could have used those 15 minutes to check my email, reply to an email, go to the bathroom, walk to the post box, and dust my desk. oh well.
ps look who had a birthday. this little ballerina. adorable.

No comments: