February 3, 2012

POP

yesterday i walked around the mall with vale for a good half hour. she is patiently but furiously working on teaching me to implement "pops of color" into my wardrobe. she pointed out that when a guy (jared) notices that I tend to only wear neutrals, it is time to add a little spice. 
but i love my neutrals and blacks and greys. they just go with everything. including each other. i like blending in (says the childsized, dark brown asian living in utah valley) but since this has been brought to my attention, i have noticed that i pretty much look like i am wearing the same 5 outfits everyday of my life, even though my closet is exploding. so either i need to mix it up a little to get more use of what i do have or i really only need 5 shirts. 
well, obviously, i am not going to become a minimalists (ha. please.) so in order to be the most productive and cost effective about this, i have done a few things.
1. taken 45 gallon trash bags filled with clothes and shoes to DI. 
2. shop better and less (less cardigans, pearls, and stripes).
3. always look for a little color.
4. try not to have an anxiety attack when someone hands a pair of colored denim pants to me.
and this is me today
please take note of that pop of color. thank you very much.
oh and this picture brings me to my second point. not only have i clearly wasted a LOT of time and money on clothing, but on getting ready.  looking at that picture, i would say that i look pretty normal there. well...i woke up at 7:50 AM. showered, dried hair, made face, dressed, ate breakfast and hung up my towels all by 8:12 AM.  it took me longer to drive from my house to my work (6.2 miles away) than to do all of that. AND while i was driving through the ridiculous traffic, i realized that i was surrounded by hondas, nissans, and other typical cars, more than half of which were silver(just like sally). and on 4/6 radio stations, there were songs on about rain (thank you npr for having something good on). 
what does this have to do with anything- well it goes back to my pop of color for the day. it broke up the monotony for 1.2 seconds. at least in my mind.

No comments: