September 1, 2010

i looked out the window and what did i see??

Yep. Glanced outside my bathroom window and saw that freaking brown tree!  Sure it was gorgeous. Sure Fall is my favorite equinox. Sure the cooler weather has been nice. Sure I am lucky to live that close to campus. BUT SUMMER IS OVER!!!

This is how we spent at least one hour a day everyday together. Me with 7 guys (literally, I started to worry I smelled like them) laying around, swimming, playing games, watermelons, motorcycle rides, tennis, Sammy's runs, all sorts of fun things. And now we are adults. Working, schooling, paying bills, going to bed at decent hours, wearing regular clothes, it is just weird.

My for fun reading has already taken a hit...reading some stupid book about dead people in Peru for a quarter final is just not my favorite way to spend an afternoon.
BUT! It is still warm out, I still do find some free time to play, I still do have friends and I really do love when the leaves change. 

One blessing of Provo: it offers full access to temples. I have been able to go back eight  times already. Eight times! That is nothing in comparison to what I will need to do throughout my life, but it is so nice to have a temple within walking distance and to say to myself "take a two hour nap before the gym or go redeem the dead? ok..." and it is worth evrey moment. I learn and feel new things every time. My mind is so opened and my heart is warmed by the love of my Heavenly Father. My family is far away, but being there, I feel closer to them than ever. 
There are so many blessings to be gained from temple attendance. I may not be married or getting married, but I know that it is where I need to be and I am so grateful for the people in my life that have helped me and supported my journey to the Temple. 

ok the end, rest goes in the private blog :)



No comments: